KRED Enteprises and the Ambooriny Burru Foundation are seeking a part-time media and communications officer. The role is to provide support to the Chief Executive Officer and Ambooriny Burru Foundation Group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the implementation of key marketing initiatives, including production and delivery of collateral, online and media projects.
Under the general direction of the CEO or their delegated authority:
Design & Production
Generate the Annual Report for KRED and present to the CEO
Maintain and monitor the KRED’s website as required
Maintain and monitor websites of Arma Legal, Yanunijarra Aboriginal Corporation, the Kimberley Agriculture and Pastoral Company and Walalakoo Aboriginal Corporation
Design marketing materials e.g. business cards, brochures, newsletters and t-shirts
Develop presentations and information materials for current and prospective clients
Speeches & Presentation notes
Coordinate media experience and message including key lines etc.
Develop communications and media strategy
Update social media i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
Draft press release and act as the media contact for KRED
Copywriting for website / social media /events
Assist in preparation of Government submission and lobby material from a sound policy and member-driven perspective
Represent KRED at relevant stakeholder meetings and other forums
Provide admin support to the CEO, chairperson as required
Draft correspondence as required for the CEO & chairperson
Liaise with relevant companies and act as the first point of contact for any enquiries
Provide general support as required to the KRED team
Provide strategic advice to the CEO regarding various matters as required
1. Proven experience drafting media releases, blog articles OR news articles for publication.
2. Proven graphic design experience (preferably using InDesign).
3. Experience updating websites (preferably using Squarespace).
4. Highly motivated, ability to meet tight deadlines and ability to work independently.
5. Holds a current driver’s licence.
1. An undergraduate degree or higher in any of the following fields: law, journalism, communications, graphic design.
2. An understanding of native title and Kimberley native title groups.
3. Skills in software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, iMovie and Adobe Spark.
4. Contacts within local, state and national media.
Please send a cover letter, resume and statement addressing the relevant criteria to: email@example.com.